- Pay for goods and services with your card instead of carrying cash
- Withdraw at any ATM countrywide and at any online Post Office branch
- Debit and credit (stop) orders are linked to your account to cover monthly expenses
Only open to South African citizens with a valid ID
- Cannot be open for foreigners or groups (Societies, Joint account, Stokvels, CC, and Companies etc.)
- The same customer cannot hold more than one account of the same product type.
- The account balance may not exceed R25 000 at any given time
- The customer cannot perform any single or multiple withdrawals of more than R5 000 per day
There are many benefits to having a bank account in your name. If anyone wants to send you money or wants to make a salary deposit, they can easily do it into your Mzansi Postbank account. Your money is kept in a safe place and you are the only one who can access it.
Everyone deserves the benefit of banking. The Postbank Mzansi account makes dreams come true for all South Africans with low cost banking that is available to anyone. The Postbank Mzansi account comes with an Mzansi Visa debit card and transactions (deposits, withdrawals) can be made at any Post Office branch or ATM countrywide.
You can apply at your nearest Post Office. All you need is your South African ID document (no Passport) and you may also need to provide proof of residential address in compliance with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (Fica).