The account will allow the following transactions at no cost to the beneficiary:
- 1 Cash withdrawal over the counter at a SA Post Office branch per month.
- 1st Issued biometric enabled EMV chip card;
- 1st Replacement biometric enabled EMV chip card (per annum);
- 3 Retail merchants cash withdrawals (per month);
- Purchase and cash back combinations at retail merchants;
- 1st ATM balance enquiry (per month);
- 1 Mini statement at SA Post Office branches;
- 1st Full statement (for a maximum period of 3 months) at SA Post Office branches
- 1st PIN Reset at SA Post Office branches (per annum);
- PIN Reset at SASSA offices.
The SASSA Account is linked to a Debit Card which will enable beneficiaries to transact electronically everywhere where a VISA or MasterCard logo is displayed.
The SASSA account will be restricted to the payment of Social Assistance and any other Social Security Related Benefits, as directed by SASSA.
You can apply at your nearest SASSA office for more information on the requirements and how to apply for a grant.